Before our year ends, here are 6 ways you can make an immediate difference:
1. GIVE SOLIDARITY with a donation to Howard Brown Health Workers United's strike fund! Their new union is striking Jan. 3 to stop Howard Brown's management from laying off more than 60 people at the start of the year. Support their strike and donate and share the link to the strike fund: bit.ly/HBHStrikeFund
2. GIVE A SHOVEL to the 33rd Ward’s community snow shoveling program. If you need assistance shoveling this winter, or you have help to give, sign up with the 33rd Ward office. The office is matching volunteers with individuals in their area in need of help. Let's keep all of our sidewalks safe this winter!
3. GIVE WARMTH by donating new or gently used winter clothes to keep neighbors safe from the cold. Locations collecting donations include Christ Lutheran Church at 3253 W Wilson Ave—please reach out to Pastor Tom, (773) 478-7941!
4. GIVE UPGRADES TO OUR PARKS, PLAYGROUNDS, STREETS AND MORE by taking part in the 33rd Ward’s Participatory Budgeting process. PB lets residents aged 13+ nominate projects and decide together how to spend our ward’s $1 million annual improvement budget. Sign up and vote on your favorite projects at 33rdward.org (Pictured: Drake Gardens, a past PB participant)
5. GIVE YOUR TIME in 2023 by signing up to knock doors or make calls for Ald. Rossana Rodriguez’s re-election and to invite neighbors to vote in 33rd Ward Participatory Budgeting through January 20. Sign up for an evening or weekend shift and help build the campaign
6. GIVE YOUR DOLLARS to help our movement stand up against the corrupt Chicago Machine and big-money interests, including a new six-figure super-PAC run by hedge fund managers and Rahm Emanuel associates. Progressive, people-powered campaigns across the city deserve your support.
We have just two months before Election Day, and we are working hard to win again in 2023 and re-elect Rossana Rodriguez. Help the campaign meet its fundraising goal before the December 31 filing deadline.
Happy New Year from 33rd Ward Working Families!
We wish you a warm and joyous New Year and look forward to being together again soon.
Our next members meeting is January 28. RSVP